Chicken is truly a versatile ingredient in any recipes. There are many ways you can prepare a chicken but one of the healthiest yet delicious methods is to bake it. Indeed, baked chicken is a good choice for families who are working together to eat healthier.
Baking a whole chicken is really fun and simple but it takes longer time for it to be fully cooked. A faster way to enjoy the flavors of baked chicken is to cut the chicken into smaller pieces such as the legs, wings, breasts and thighs.
One of the most common problems that many people encounter is how do you keep the juice in the chicken. A simple trick would be to let the baked chicken rest for at least 25 minutes before cutting it.
Variation of Baked Chicken Recipes
If you want to ensure that the chicken turns out moist, make sure that you brine it first. Brining helps the chicken absorbs more moisture so that it can withstand more overcooking before it dries out. If the meat is not overcooked at all, it will definitely be moist and tender.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cup fresh French style green beans, sliced
- 1 oz bread
- 1 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, add in the chicken pieces and season them with salt and pepper.
- After that, place them on the rack of a shallow open roasting pan and bake them for 20 minutes at 450°F (232°C). Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (176°C) and remove the chicken pieces and rack. Pour off the fat from the pan and place the chicken pieces on the pan.
- In a bowl, add the boiling water and dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in it. Add the apple juice and pour them together over the chicken. After that, stir in the french style green beans.
- Cover it and bake for 25 minutes. Stir in the apples then covers and bake for another 10 more minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the cinnamon, flour, and cold water. Combine and mix well then stir into the pan. Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture boils and becomes slightly thicker.
- Serve as it is or serve over cooked rice.
Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 8 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- First of all, cut the chicken breasts into smaller pieces (1 1/2 inch each).
- In a large bowl, add the chicken pieces, cheese, salt, thyme, basil and bread crumbs. Combine and mix well.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the vegetable oil and coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake them for 20 minutes at 400°F (204°C).
Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- To make the marinade, in a large bowl, add the honey, garlic, soy sauce, vodka, and ketchup.
- Add the chicken wings and mix well. Store in the refrigerator and let it marinate for an hour.
- Transfer everything into a shallow pan and bake it uncovered for 1 hour at 350°F (176°C). For every 15 minutes, baste the chicken wings with the marinade from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baked Chicken Squares Recipe
- 4 cups cooked chicken, boned
- 9 slices white bread
- 9 slices American cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 jar pimento
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup butter
- First of all, cut the cooked chicken into smaller pieces.
- Grease the baking pan and line it with the bread. After that, cover them with the chicken pieces.
- Preheat the skillet and melt the butter. Saute the mushrooms and spoon them over the chicken pieces.
- Layer the chicken pieces with water chestnuts and spread mayonnaise over them. After that, top it with a layer of American cheese.
- In a large bowl, add in the eggs and beat well. Add in the mushroom soup, celery soup, milk and pimento. Combine and mix well then pour them over the casserole. Refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Bake it for 90 minutes at 350°F (176°C) then remove it from the oven. Let is rest for 15 minutes before slicing into squares. Serve and enjoy!
Baked Almond Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- some mushrooms
- some flour
- In a large bowl, add the butter, celery salt, salt, curry powder, paprika, oregano, and pepper. Combine and mix well.
- Coat the chicken pieces with flour and then with seasoned butter.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the almonds evenly across the baking dish and pour in the half and half cream between the chicken pieces.
- Bake them covered for 45 minutes at 350°F (176°C).
- Uncover and spoon about half cup of sauce from the pan.
- Blend the dry bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- In a bowl, add in the sour cream and that half cup of sauce. Combine and mix well then pour evenly over the chicken pieces again. Sprinkle the buttered crumbs evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until the chicken pieces are tender. Serve and enjoy!
Cheese Baked Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cups bread stuffing mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- To make the crumb mixture, in a bowl, add the cheese, bread stuffing mix, garlic salt, pepper, and parsley. Combine and mix well.
- Dip the chicken pieces in melted margarine and then in the crumb mixture.
- In a bowl, add the mushroom soup and water. Mix well and pour it into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the soup and sprinkle the top with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake it for 75 minutes at 350°F (176°C). Serve and enjoy!
Back to Chicken Recipes